Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Create vintage art {using free printables}

Ready for some easy and free vintage style art? Thanks to the New York Public Library Digital Gallery and pinterest, I found all of these prints for free! I already had the frames, some of which I repainted to better fit the style I was going for. 

The above photos can be found at the following links:
Left- French Broad River found here
Middle- Forsyth Park in Savannah found here
Right- Isle of Palms found here


Left- Bird found here
Right- C.S. Lewis quote found here {unfortunately, I don't know the original source}


And in case you are wondering, here was the process...




{search}
New York Public Library has so many images, mostly vintage and historic. Think scanned in documents from wayyy back. I found the images of places {from the first 3 frames} by searching for the place and postcard. Yes, they are actually postcards that people actually sent. Thought that was pretty cool! 

Also, there are a ton of really cool maps on their website. I'm trying to come up with a project just so I have an excuse to use one. 

{print}
I just used plain white paper, but you could use cardstock or photo paper to enhance the quality.

{insert}
I recommend measuring before just cutting.

{enjoy!}

Seriously, another project that took maybe 10 minutes once I had the images. Researching was another story. I got a little sidetracked, primarily looking at maps!



2 comments:

  1. I love this!!! Otherwise wall art can be really expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree, and the NYPL has so many great images! I was very excited to learn of their site!

    ReplyDelete