Monday, March 4, 2013

Cilantro lime quinoa salad....


{paleo/vegan/gluten-free}

Another simple dish that you can easily make your own! I made this last week and munched on it for a few meals. I modified a recipe that I found from Yoga Journal over here

Ingredients:
organic quinoa {gf}- 1 cup
cilantro- a bunch 
tomatoes- 8 cherry toms, diced
cucumbers- half of a small, diced
avocado- 1
lime- juice from half
olive oil- 1/4 cup
garlic- 1 clove, minced
jalepeno peppers- 1/4 cup, minced


Directions:
Cook quinoa according to instructions. I used Trader Joe's organic and gluten-free quinoa. It took about 15 mins. As the quinoa is cooking, chop and prepare your ingredients. Again, you could easily use whatever you have, whatever you have a taste for, etc. 

Mix the cilantro and veggies with quinoa. Then, I actually mixed the olive oil, lime juice, and garlic to make a dressing. Toss and ready to go!

Total prep and cook time was about 20 minutes. 

I cooked 1 cup of quinoa, which serves 2-3, in my opinion.





No comments:

Post a Comment