Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Spring wreath {a tutorial of sorts}

{supplies}
linen fabric, scissors, sharpee, wooden initial, fake hydrandeas, wreath, hot glue gun

*the wooden initial, wreath, and white flowers are from Hobby Lobby
*linen fabric I had left over, but I believe it came from Foam and Fabric
*green hydrangeas are from wal-mart. Actually had them in a vase in our living room, which I updated, so this is kinda repurposing!

{my assistant}
As I am cutting off the stems, he actually tried munching on the wreath. Rude!

{attached flowers & leaves}
Once the stems were removed, I grouped the stems back together, secured them with a rubber band and then hot glued the whole flower to the wreath. It was easier for me, but you could hot glue each stem individually if you wanted. I glued a few of the leaves to the wreath as well.

{outline initial on fabric}
I just did a general outline so that I knew I would cut enough fabric. 

{hot glue fabric to cover the initial}
This is where I had to kinda go with it. Covering an "S" is not so easy because of the curves. I ended up cutting a slit in the fabric right up to the letter and hot glued sections. 

{completion}
Viola! Other than the hiccup with covering the letter, this was a pretty easy project! Probably 30-45 mins.

{hung on our door}
Yay! I know it is still February, but I am just really ready for spring!

Also, I noticed the initial hangs slightly crooked! Oops. #embracetheimperfection


No comments:

Post a Comment