Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Giving up gluten and dairy....

Bye, bye gluten and dairy and hello more greens and veggies....er, well, let's hope so! For the first time ever I am giving something up for lent. When discussing my options with my husband last night I casually suggested wine. He told me it needed to be something realistic! Ha!

He may have a point....

Regardless, I decided on going gluten and dairy free, for real. I've been dabbling around with the Paleo diet, which I stick to about 85% of the time, but this will be the real deal.

I know from trying to follow the Paleo diet that this will not be easy, especially when eating out and eating with friends. Going paleo definitely takes planning and discipline. I do believe this choice will be a sacrifice and hence serve it's purpose.

Plus, after 40 days, I will be able to assess whether gluten and dairy need to go for good.

So, expect more gluten-free and dairy-free recipes!




2 comments: