Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Painting our living room....


I've been tackling a rather large project over here the past two days in painting our two-story living room. It happened very spontaneously when I decided I just couldn't.take.it.anymore. As most people do, we spend a lot of time in the living room and staring at it every single day just wore on me. The hubs had bought an extension pole {16 ft. I think} to clean cobwebs out of the corners and clean our fan, which was driving him crazy. So, I got out the extension pole and gave it a try, realizing I could totally do it myself. 

Crazy? Yes, probably. But, it feels so good to be getting it done. Extra plus that we are saving a couple hundred bucks. Above is the color, Hazelnut Cream, by Behr. It's a nice neutral beige with a tint of grey depending on the light. 

I tried a few similar colors before choosing this one. Apparently, choosing a neutral color with some grey, but without PINK is hard to do. For this reason, I strongly suggest buying a sample for a few bucks to test it first. 

So far, I think it has definitely softened up the space, and it flows with the rest of our paint colors that also have grey undertones. The darker color {we had the standard off-white before} also makes the fireplace, which is white, stand out more. 

I can't wait to be able to reveal pictures of the finished product!



No comments:

Post a Comment