Wednesday, March 12, 2014

{DIY} Spring Wreath




This is a super easy and quick DIY spring wreath! All of the materials are from Hobby Lobby. The spring floral, wreath, and burlap used for the ribbon were all on sale! The past few times I've been to Hobby Lobby I've also used their 40% off one item coupon that you can pull up on your phone when you check out. 

Total this wreath was approximately $10 dollars!



I loved this wreath because it had the leaves entwined. It looked more rustic, yet springy to me!

To start, I cut off the ends of the stems for the floral so they could be hidden underneath the burlap. I used hot glue to hold the floral in place. 

Then, I took a piece of burlap to wrap around the wreath and cover the stem ends, only just enough to wrap around the wreath once. 


Next, I made the burlap bow. I tried a new version, which I found on pinterest, but ended up making it up as I went along.

Basically, I folded the burlap back and forth, leaving pieces to hang down and allowing the last fold to be the middle loop. 

I recommend playing with the burlap to find a look that works for you. 

Lastly, I secured a spray painted wooden letter from Hobby Lobby. This time I used basic white. I secured the letter with a small piece of wire and hot glue. 

Here is the final product hanging from our storm door.


I'm so happy spring is {mostly} here!

No comments:

Post a Comment