Wednesday, July 10, 2013

DIY dining room art with plates....


This was my weekend project! It took less time than I thought it would. Loovvee it when that happens. 
Originally, I went searching for vintage plates, but after a few different thrift stores I realized I wasn't finding what I wanted. I wanted simple and plain. Ended up finding two plates at TJ Maxx and the others from Target--all for pretty cheap. 

The plate in the middle I found and painted with chalkboard paint a while back. It is also from TJ Maxx. 



Although I typically just eyeball things when I put them up on the wall, I knew I wouldn't be able to do that with this. To make the process easier, I outlined the plates on wax paper, cut out the shapes, and hung them on the wall. 


Sooo glad I did. There was a lot of shifting and repositioning that I had to do, especially once I actually starting hanging plates on the wall.


Here's the finished product! 



No comments:

Post a Comment